Mould Removal

The growth of mould and mildew can cause serious health issues such as allergies, asthma and respiratory infections, as the average person breathes 11,000 litres of air every day, good air quality in the home is essential for good health to all members of the family, however moreso for you growing children and elderly.

Mould grows in damp, dark or moisture filled areas, e.g. bathrooms, kitchens, laundries, storage areas, recently flooded areas, basements, plumbing ducts and poorly ventilated rooms. If left untreated, it can cause musty odours, airbourne spores and leave walls and ceilings permanently discoloured.

When mould grows under the floor, strong musty odour's can find their way inside the home, via floorboards, wall cavities and negative air pressure within the internal rooms.

Bleach

One reason is that bleach cannot completely kill mold growing in porous materials. The chlorine in bleach cannot penetrate into porous surfaces such as drywall or wood. The chlorine is left on the surface of porous materials and only the water component of the bleach is absorbed into the material, providing more moisture for the mold to feed on. Some of the mold on the surface might be killed but the roots of the mold are left intact meaning the mold soon returns, leaving you in a cycle of repeated bleaching. Perhaps this is why some people believe that spraying bleach on mold doesn't affect it but instead just bleaches its color so you can no longer see it.Another disadvantage of bleach is that it can damage the materials it's used on as it is a harsh, corrosive chemical. Chlorine bleach also gives off harsh fumes and it even produces toxic gas when mixed with ammonia. There are safer alternatives such as borax, tea tree oil, clove oil or vinegar which don't produce dangerous fumes or leave behind toxic residue. For these reasons try to avoid using bleach and if you must use it, only use it on non-porous surfaces.

Even safer are Bio-cide products like Chlorine dioxide which go to the root and eradicates the spores in all porous damp materials.

 

Solution

Mould prevention: Subfloor Experts use a biocide called Zychem's Chlorine Dioxide, this is for the cleaning and removal of toxic mould, fumes, airbourne toxins etc.

One of the most effective ways to control and limit mould growth is by managing moisture levels with good ventilation practices. By replacing moist air with relatively dry air, condensation and the growth of mould and mildew will be reduced.

Subfloor Expert consultants and technicians are professionally trained to identify and effectively eliminate the underlying mould and mildew's problems in your home. We know how to safely remove mould and will recommend products and services that are effective and have been proven to work reliably

We provide a professional in-house mould assessment and recommend treatment solutions

  • You receive a set price quote at competitive rates to safely remove mould and clean affected surfaces

  • We safely remove the mould, clean affected surfaces and treat problem areas to stop further growth.

Benefits

Key benefits of removing mould and mildew through correctly designed ventilation from the home include: Healthier and cleaner living conditions. Eliminates build up of moisture that could cause expensive structural problems like wood rot, rust, brick erosion and unwanted odour's. Prevents cracking, blistering and flaking of paint on the walls and ceilings of your home.

 

Expert Solution 

Subfloor Experts -Ventilation

  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Instagram Social Icon
  • Tumblr Social Icon
  • YouTube Social  Icon
  • Pinterest Social Icon
© 2019
Proudly created with The Subfloor-Expert

 

The Subfloor Ventilation Experts

 

1, 2-6 Bonnal Road,

Erina, NSW 2260

PH. 02-43678252